By Mary A. Sego
Title: Joseph P. Minton collection of Purdue Aeronautics Corporation and Purdue Airlines Inc. historical material, 1960-2010
Primary Creator: Minton, Joseph P.
Extent: 0.2 Cubic feet. More info below.
Date Acquired: 10/13/2010
Subjects: Aeronautics, Flight Archives at Purdue University, Flight training--Indiana, Purdue Aeronautical Corporation, Purdue Airlines, Purdue University--Alumni and alumnae
Forms of Material: Annual reports, Clippings (Information artifacts), Photographic prints, Reports
Photographs, newspaper clippings, clippings about Hugh Hefner’s plane “Big Bunny” DC-9 housed at the Purdue University airport, Purdue Airlines annual reports and performance reports, 1969-1971, 1st working papers, and pages from Aviation Daily, relating to Purdue Airlines Incorporated and miscellaneous historical documents.
Scope and Contents of the Materials
The Joseph P. Minton collection of Purdue Aeronautics Corporation and Purdue Airlines Inc. historical material (1960s-2010; 0.2 cubic feet) documents Joseph P. Minton’s tenure as president of Purdue University Airlines, Incorporated, 1969-1971. Included among the material are photographs, newspaper clippings, info on Hugh Hefner’s plane, “The Big Bunny,” housed and maintained at the Purdue airport, brochures, annual reports, stationery, performance reports, Aviation Daily articles concerning Purdue Airlines, 1st working papers and miscellaneous historical documents, some written by Joseph P. Minton. The collection is organized into six folders, relating to type of material.
Purdue University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections
Alternate Extent Statement:
1 small mss box
Collection is open for research.
Purdue University per deed of gift.
Donation received from Joseph P. Minton.
All materials have been housed in polyester sleeves, acid-free folders, and acid-free boxes. Some newspaper clippings have been photocopied for preservation purposes.
Box and Folder Listing Browse by Folder:
[Folder 1: Photographs, 1969-1970
[Folder 2: Newspaper Clippings, 1960s-1971
[Folder 3: Hugh Hefner's "The Big Bunny," 1970
[Folder 4: Brochures, Annual Reports, Stationery, Performance Reports, 1969-1971
[Folder 5: Aviation Daily Articles, 1968-1974
[Folder 6: "1st Working Papers" and Historical Documents, 1969-2010],
- Folder 6: "1st Working Papers" and Historical Documents, 1969-2010
1. Packet with “Newsletter,” contents prepared by Joseph P. Minton, February 27, 1969 [includes letter to Mr. Jackson T. Stephens, Stephens, Incorporated, detailing state of affairs for Purdue Airlines, November 29, 1970; DC-9 operations analysis, January 1, 1970-December 31, 1971; revenue analysis 1967-1970; fact sheet and financial statement for the month of February 1971 and fiscal year to date]
2. Miscellaneous financial notations made by Minton, circa 1972
3. “Statement of Joseph P. Minton, Former President, Purdue Airlines, Inc., West Lafayette, Indiana,” February 15, 1977 [details Purdue Airlines history]
4. “Purdue Aeronautics Corporation: a lease Corporation of Purdue University, 1967-1968,” August 5, 2010 [history written by Joseph P. Minton]
5. “Purdue Airlines, Incorporated, 1968-1971,” August 5, 2010 [history written by Joseph P. Minton]