By Mary A. Sego, 2009
Primary Creator: Johnson, Ralph S. (1906-2010)
Extent: 14.2 Cubic feet. More info below.
The papers are arranged into five series.
[Series 1: Engineering Drawings, Papers, Articles, DVD, 1941-1948], [Series 2: Newspaper Clippings, Ceritificate, Honorary Doctorate of Engineering, 1992-2008], [Series 3: Memoirs and Biographical Information, 1941-2005], [Series 4: Photographs, ca. 1930-2005], [Series 5: Addendum - January 5, 2012],
Date Acquired: 05/09/2008
Access Restrictions: Collection is open for research.
Use Restrictions: Purdue University, per deed of gift.
Acquisition Source: Ralph S. Johnson
Acquisition Method: Donation.
Preferred Citation: MSA 25, Ralph S. Johnson papers, Archives and Special Collections, Purdue University Libraries
Finding Aid Revision History: Revised by Mary Sego, 2012; EW 10/2012
1. Photographs of Ralph, Ruth, family, friends, a vacation to Yellowstone and miscellaneous photos, circa 1930s-2010 [includes Ralph’s memorial booklet]
2. Photographs of colleagues, some with Ralph, 1930s-2000s
3. Box of negatives relating to “All-Weather Flight Methods,” and folder containing photographs and text, along with photos of ice accumulations/tests, circa 1940-1942
4. Photographs of airplane parts, circa 1930s-1960s [folder 1]
5. Photographs of airplane parts, circa 1930s-1960s [folder 2]
6. Photographs of air fields and aerial shots, circa 1940s-1960s [folder 1]
7. Photographs of air fields and aerial shots, circa 1940s-1960s [folder 2]
8. Photographs of airplanes, circa 1930s-1990s [folder 1]
9. Photographs of airplanes, circa 1930s-1990s [folder 1]
10. Box containing miscellaneous negatives, Sony recorder, cassette tape marked, “Ralph Johnson Memoirs: How hired at United,” dated June, 1, 1988, circa 1940s-1980s