By Mary A. Sego, 2009
Primary Creator: Johnson, Ralph S. (1906-2010)
Extent: 14.2 Cubic feet. More info below.
The papers are arranged into five series.
[Series 1: Engineering Drawings, Papers, Articles, DVD, 1941-1948], [Series 2: Newspaper Clippings, Ceritificate, Honorary Doctorate of Engineering, 1992-2008], [Series 3: Memoirs and Biographical Information, 1941-2005], [Series 4: Photographs, ca. 1930-2005], [Series 5: Addendum - January 5, 2012],
Date Acquired: 05/09/2008
Access Restrictions: Collection is open for research.
Use Restrictions: Purdue University, per deed of gift.
Acquisition Source: Ralph S. Johnson
Acquisition Method: Donation.
Preferred Citation: MSA 25, Ralph S. Johnson papers, Archives and Special Collections, Purdue University Libraries
Finding Aid Revision History: Revised by Mary Sego, 2012; EW 10/2012
1. Small box containing numerous business cards, membership cards, name tags from events Johnson attended, pilot’s license, name plates, small slide rule, small bag of tools, small paperweight with book encased in it; “Overthrust Oil Royalty Corporation,” PIMA Air and Space Museum scarf and “autodex” address book, circa 1930s-1990s
2. Hood [black and gold] received when Johnson received his honorary doctorate from Purdue University, 2008
3. Artifact box containing flight goggles, calculator, compass kit, C-54 Natops abbreviated cockpit checklist, various medals including Aviation Hall of Fame, wing pins, coordinators (M-100 and M-100-1) and pieces of ore, no date
4. Plastic sign, “Wyoming’s Lousiest Shot,” undated
5. Rulers and plastic radius tools, undated