By Mary A. Sego, 2009
Primary Creator: Johnson, Ralph S. (1906-2010)
Extent: 14.2 Cubic feet. More info below.
The papers are arranged into five series.
[Series 1: Engineering Drawings, Papers, Articles, DVD, 1941-1948], [Series 2: Newspaper Clippings, Ceritificate, Honorary Doctorate of Engineering, 1992-2008], [Series 3: Memoirs and Biographical Information, 1941-2005], [Series 4: Photographs, ca. 1930-2005], [Series 5: Addendum - January 5, 2012],
Date Acquired: 05/09/2008
Access Restrictions: Collection is open for research.
Use Restrictions: Purdue University, per deed of gift.
Acquisition Source: Ralph S. Johnson
Acquisition Method: Donation.
Preferred Citation: MSA 25, Ralph S. Johnson papers, Archives and Special Collections, Purdue University Libraries
Finding Aid Revision History: Revised by Mary Sego, 2012; EW 10/2012
1. Debris Volume XLI (1929). Lafayette, Indiana: The Senior Class of Purdue University.
2. Leather-bound binder inscribed with R.S. Johnson on the front, contains information on pressure patterns existing in front of a jet engine, circa 1950s
3. Agricultural Aircraft Operations information, 1962-1964 [folder 1]
4. Agricultural Aircraft Operations information, 1965-1966 [folder 2]
5. United Flying Octogenarians (UFO) correspondence in regards to membership, membership certificate and U-F-O- News, April, 1992-October 1993
6. Server, Dean (1996). The Golden Age of Steam. New York, New York: SMITHMARK Publishers.
7. Caoimh, Fia O. (2006). The Aviation Book: A survey of the world’s aircraft. San Francisco, California: Chronicle Books LLC.
8. rupanews: Journal of the Retired United Pilots Association, July, 2009 – December 2009 [does not include every issue during that time period]