By Mary A. Sego
Primary Creator: Hatt, Robert T. (1902-)
Extent: 0.28 Cubic feet. More info below.
Arrangement: Chronologically, as they appear in the scrapbook.
Robert T. Hatt was a member of the Purdue University Class of 1923. He was a member of Phi Kappa Psi. The records that are available do not indicate that he graduated from Purdue. His father was William Kendrick Hatt who was a Professor of Civil Engineering at Purdue. The scrapbook has numerous mementos of Robert Hatt’s days at Purdue, with a strong emphasis on Phi Kappa Psi, R.O.T.C., photographs of campus life and other ephemera relating to his time as a Purdue student.
Hatt graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelors of Science and from Columbia with a MA and PhD. He was Director of the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Bloomfield, Michigan from 1935-1967.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open for research.
Preferred Citation: MSP 35, Robert T. Hatt scrapbook, Archives and Special Collections, Purdue University Libraries
22. Purdue Athletic Association Ticket – 1919--Season—1920
40. Football Ticket Stubs, 1919
41. Convocation – Student Stunts, Admission 15 cents, Thursday Nov. 20, 11:05 Sharp [sign]
42. Fourteen name cards
45. Boost the Team by Boosting the Band – Send the Band to Chicago
[tag - Purdue Military Band]
57. Founders’ Day Banquet, 68th Anniversary of Phi Kappa Psi by Indiana Delta, February 21, 1920 [program], Phi Kappa Psi, Initiation Banquet, March 27, 1920 [invitation and program], Doll’s House [ticket stubs]
60. Purdue University Glee Club De Luxe
66. The Phi Psi’s Annual Hour of Paranomasial Pandaemonium – Class of 1923, Presented March 26, 1920 [program]
68. “Black List’ – Phi Kappa Psi
69. “Instructions” for initiation (?)
70. Indiana Delta Chapter, Phi Kappa Psi, Faculty Smoker, April 21, 1920; Indiana
Delta Chapter of the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, Spring Dance, May 21, 1920
76. Chemistry Exam, April 22, 1920; Minstrel Show, Auspices Purdue Young
Women’s and Young Men’s Christian Association, May 13, 1920
100. The Purdue Phi Psi, vol. 3, no. 2, Lafayette, Indiana, June 2, 1920
103. Commencement Exercises of the Cathedral School of Saint Mary, June 8, 1920
(Miss Rose Eleanor Demmon), Graduating Exercies of The Liggett School, June 11, 1920 [invitations]
106. Freshman Cap Burning
[lyrics to two hymns and segment from burnt green cap]
109. A Memorial Union Building For Purdue University [brochure, no date]
118. Scrooge Hoover Henke; Soul Inspiring Book: How to Be a Sunbeam for Jesus [segments of programs from plays, no dates]
Y.M.C.A. “Vaudeville” Y.W.C.A. – proceeds to send Banner Purdue Delegation
To Lake Geneva Student Conference, April 15, 1921 [program]
The Lafayette Art Association, Lafayette, Indiana, Twelfth Annual Exhibition Of Paintings, April 11 – 5 [program, no year]
Letter addressed to “The Librarian”, dated September 29, 1940, which states that
this scrapbook was given anonymously.